- May 28, 2020
- Posted by: philani
- Category: Resources, webinars
This webinar organised by the Global Campaign for Education addressed the issue of the right to education during the COVID-19 crisis in francophone countries.
We had an informal discussion, introduced by some insights on the regional and national contexts.
The proposed agenda featured:
- Samuel Dembélé, GCE Board Chair, to introduce the webinar.
- Dr Koumba Boly Barry, UN Special rapporteur on the right to education.
- Carole Coupez, Solidarité Laïque/ Coalition Education, for quick presentation on the situation in France.
- Solange Akpo, ANCEFA, for an overview from Africa.
- Cheikh Mbow, COSYDEP, for a perspective from Senegal.
- Discussion on the difficulties presented by the crisis and the exchange of experience, reaction to the messages of the speakers
- An exchange about the recovery, how to approach the reopening of schools in particular, how to better prepare for a second wave or other crises
- How to work better together – reflection on the tools to put in place, the capacities and mechanisms of mutual assistance, discussion on a possible next joint campaign
The Webinar took place on Wednesday June 3rd at 3 pm CEST/ 9 am EST/.
The full list of past and upcoming webinars is available here.